Sunday 1 December 2013

And the Ice-Breaking Question Was .....

Just remembered a funny incident and REALLY wanted to share. So here goes *wink*

I went to a seminar once. I went alone, on my own and on my own initiative. I was hoping to learn a lot and gather loads from the experience. In the whole bunch, I could see only a few girls. Following my female tendency, I was hoping that that group of girls would let me in their tiny circle too, to allow me to chat and get comfy with the surroundings.


I was standing all alone at the first tea break. Suddenly I saw that bunch of gals approaching. My heartbeat started to increase a bit. I felt excitement and anxiety at the same time. I couldn’t believe it that after hours of sitting and being alone I was finally going to be taken under the feather by fellow female attendees. With every step they took, my excitement mounted.


And then came the glorious moment, the moment I was spoken to. I was expecting an introduction from them, or a query about my own self, or at least a friendly “hello” to break the ice. What my ears heard was incomprehensible for the first few fractions of the second. I couldn’t believe what I had heard. But I was soon pushed back into reality and realized that what I heard was correct.


And those words were, “Where is the bathroom?” :-P

No comments: