Sunday 13 December 2009

Be Awkward to Find the Best

Yesterday was Saturday. While it is usually a holiday for me, I had to go to office in order to complete some unfinished urgent tasks. Getting out of bed and going to office on the weakened was off course very hard. But once I got out of the house I felt much more comfortable. The roads were emptier and less noisy. I enjoyed that. Even though the roads were empty, I was not motivated one bit to increase my speed. I slowly trundled along the path I follow to office every day.

When I reached there and went inside, the emptiness of the work area made me sad for a bit. I once again felt a kind of torture, coming to the office on a holiday when all the rest were resting at home. Then I sat on my seat and started working. And guess what! I actually enjoyed that serene and calm atmosphere. People were not standing around me, all tugging me in their own directions. There were no line-ups of requests of tasks to be done "urgently".

There was no noise around. Lights were dim, the cloudy weather was lovely, and my music played in my ears while I calmly worked at my task with concentration. I wouldn't say the trip was totally successful. I was not able to complete my planned task 100%. But then I never seem to manage it whether a holiday or a work day. A tiny bit of work is always left to be dealt with “later”.

Looking at the day in regular way would reveal that there were two bad things with it. First I had to go to office on a holiday and second I could not finish my work. But looking at all this with a different angle simply changes the whole perspective. Ugliness turns into beauty. Sadness turns into happiness and contentment. Resentment changes to warmth and affection.

Nothing out of the ordinary happened but it still taught me a valuable lesson, yet again. Never stop and accept the things as they seem. Never make decisions or develop feelings on face-value. Always look at things, people, feelings and associations from all awkward and impossible angles to find the best in them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree. Critical analysis is something that saves you from a lot of failures. You don't build up your hopes and expectations too high. But you know what is the flip side? It loose all it's beauty, it's charm. Few things only look pretty as they are. You clean the dust, and it makes it much uglier. It does break our expectations and our la la land.

Reality is cruel, yet satisfying. What a dichotomy !