Monday 2 March 2009

Assumptions

Are assumptions good or bad? What kind of assumptions are good and which are bad? Maybe assumptions about events is good and about people, their behaviors and characteristics is bad. I for one do not like things to be assumed about me. Like i do not want people to think i nail-bite because i am in a continuous tension (though some of the times i sure am). Or i do not want people to think i am confident because i have been abroad.

I think i myself am guilty of assuming stuff about others. But i am always ready to hear their version and replace mine with theirs instantly in my mind. I give at least that to myself. STill whatever be, i feel that we (including myself) should not make assumptions about people's behaviors. It is far better to ask them directly that what is bothering them than to "assume" on your own.

Assumptions may or may not turn out to be true. If true, those would be a benefit. But if false, then those can be harmful as well. I am trying not to assume too much about anything, be it people, work or future events. I am trying to remain calm while life treats me with a variety of delicacies and serves up lovely surprises at each turn of my life. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Life is like a box of chocolate. You never know what you gona get :)