Monday 10 September 2007

Touchpad and Visio DO NOT Go Hand in Hand

Today i was home and most of the time watched TV, browsed the Internet, played Text Twist on Yahoo Games and helped a friend with a UI in Visio, all at almost the same time. Did take some time off to 'eat' which is a favourite thing for me to do.

The thing i was doing in Visio was to making a UI. It invloved dragging of different UI elements from different 'stencils' on to my page and arranging those. Dragging and dropping is no big deal but when doing this with a touch pad it becomes a hell of a task, at least for me. That is exactly what i was doing, working on Visio with a touchpad. And believe me it was no piece of cake. Simple tasks were taking much longer to complete and in turn i was making my friend late as well. (Appologies dear pal!)

So i conclude, and many would agree, that a touch pad and Visio DO NOT go hand in hand. :-D

By the way, is there somebody out there who actually is a fan of doing this sort of work with a touchpad? If yes do let me know. Maybe i would ask for a tip or two about harnessing the power of a touchpad, for Visio. ;-)

No comments: