Monday 15 January 2007

Gobbledegook??

Its 1:30 a.m. and I am wide awake, surfing the net while listening to newly downloaded music. The track that is being repeatedly drummed into my ears by the Media Player is More Than a Woman by Bee Gees. Cool song I would say.

It all started when I embarked on a search to locate the name of the singer of a Punjabi track 'Lak Da Hulara'. I searched for just a little when google pointed out that the singer is called Sarbjit Cheema. [hmmm I remember I once had a Cheema in my class too. Oh well this can't be him. hehe] Being a fan of this track, and finally aware of the singer's name, I set out on another errand, and that was to find and download more songs by this person.

I turned to Limewire for help which as always was a dear and threw bundles of related tracks my way. I picked and chose several songs and marked them for download. I was happy that I was going to have a 'good' collection of 'cool' bhangra songs. But no sooner that I had seen a dream, it began to collapse. I started trying out the downloaded chunks of songs. Man! they left a really bad taste in my mouth. I was forced to stop all downloads. And so I did.

But I was really in the mood to DOWNLOAD. So I looked up the phrase 'more than a woman' that I could remember listening just a few days ago in a movie. Wallah! The song was found, and I was surprised that it was by Bee Gees [I was damn sure it was a woman singing ;-) heheheee] Anyways, I succeeded in getting it transferred to my PC over the 'pathetic' dial up, in about 20 minutes. It’s been quite some time now, since I got the track, but its playing over and over. I am not getting bored of it. ;-)

And now I have added another freshly downloaded track to my 1 song playlist, making it a 2 song playlist. ;-) heheheee The song is Ragamuffin Girl by Apache Indian. That's a cool one too! Well at least I think so.

Enough of the gibberish, right? Want me to spare you? ;-) Ok I will do exactly that. But don't think I am being generous to ya all. I want to go catch some sleep too so I am actually being very very selfish >:-) heh heh heeee

Sweet Dreams, Catch ya later.

No comments: