Sunday 20 November 2005

Janam Samjha Karo

Janam Samjha Karo. Ahem ahem ahem. It is not a message to my 'Janam' but only the name of an album by Asha Bhosle which I had been looking for, for such a long time now. I had looked in all major shops of Rawalpindi and Islamabad for it. I had even asked a few pals to look for it in Lahore, a bigger city. But alas, no luck. I didn't find it anywhere. I even tried downloading it from the internet but no luck there either. But I did not loose hope and kept looking.

Yesterday I went to Saddar, a big marketplace in Rawalpindi. There I entered the biggest CD shop (Sadaf CD), which is on the 4th floor of the plaza and spans over almost the whole space on that floor. Looked at CDs and walked towards the corner where those people have displayed collections of Asha Bhosle. There was a mild ray of hope in my mind, as ever, that maybe I will
find my CD there. I went there and started looking at the same old CDs. I was looking up and down the rack when suddenly my eyes caught attention of something.

Yeah, it was a CD by Asha Bhosle which said 'Janam Samjha Karo'. I couldn't believe my eyes. They popped out literally. I got really excited. Took the CD off the shelf and ran to my sister Sanaa to show it to her. She also was amazed that how come I finally found the CD. But then we looked closer at the CD and there was this word written on it: Remix.

That one word burst my bubble instantaneously. Remixes are good many a times but I was after the original tracks. I got double minded about buying the CD. Seemed that it was glued to my hand and I was unable to put it back on the shelf. ;-) heheheee So I bought it.

The remixed tracks are not that bad. They are not like the original ones but they are good enough. Am glad that I got the CD. ;-)

No comments: