Wednesday 5 October 2005

Last Week on Thursday

Last week on Thursday i was very happy that i was going to meet my pal Attiya after a long time. I was wokrking hard at work to be able to finish it a bit early, as i wanted to leave early. I worked and worked. And i even asked my PM if i could leave early. He gave a green signal, sort of. I was happy at this too that i have approval of the manegement as well.

But the work was never ending. I was unable to finish it. I had to call my friend and tell her that i will be a little late to which that dear thing didn't complain at all. I kept working and working and i go very very late.

At that time i felt like abandoning my work and just running off to meet my friend, as our meeting was scheduled since long ago. But i stayed. My heart was crying and tears were ready to come out of my eyes.

But i was not going to cry. I don't people to see me as a damsel in distress. I kept quiet and kept trying to complete the task at hand. And finally i did it and handed it over. I rushed out of the office. I called my friend to appologise for being late and to ask if i could still make it. But alas, she had to go home too, from her office. So i headed home too, full of rage but sad at the same time.

Made a promise to myself that never again am i going to let things slip through. And again i am missing a meeting with a friend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy". not that you are dull in any way.

you should consider loosening up your work schedule. kkeep smiling :)

Anonymous said...

well..thats a damn long work day. I know things like that happen way too often..to people in these big firms. I guess you just have to plan up a lil better titlee. I am good. I fought this thing called Malaria and I won after a couple days. I am back in full form and my bio battery is fully charged up again. Caught a movie yest nite with a friend...was a shitty movie..but was fun ..i mean the company was good and there was this grouppa fellas...with some attitudes..and great senses of humor..2 hours went by in a woooshh. Was a long ride back but was nice. Roads look sure nice when they are empty. and by the way is monazza your name? I think i nver asked you aboud ur name. And you know what..I guess you should write more often here...its nice readin ur blogs. Everyday I open ur blog to see if u hav written anythin...and its kinda dissapointing if I dont find anythin. So tryin puttin in a word or two...ofcourse dependin on the availability of time. anyway..gotta crash now. tata.