Saturday 25 June 2011

Midas Wannabe

We all grew up listening to the story of the king who had the golden touch; King Midas who would turn anything he touched to gold. Though the story had a sad part where the king turns his daughter to gold, along with all his eatables and drink-ables, but the part about the golden touch had always been really fascinating for me.

These days I am reading a lot on making money online via blogging. The more I am reading the more I am longing for that "golden touch". I am imagining myself to be just like Midas and churning money out of every piece of word I write a.k.a. turning everything to gold.

Wish I can meet a "fairy" too who can grant this wish of mine. ;-) Otherwise I will have to work my ass off to fulfill the dream. And i am way too lazy to do that. *giggles*

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well there is another popular term known as "Strike gold". Some women strike gold after they marry...maybe you can be one of them :D no effort khekhekhe

Monazza Talha said...

To strike gold is a good way to get rich quick. But the way Midas "made" money was a bit different. There is a slight difference in making something yourself and being given something by luck or for free.

PS: Many women do strike gold when they get married. But thinking that it is no effort means you are a highly naive male. Maybe we can ask about the "effort" part from your wife some day :-)

-Monazza.

Anonymous said...

I meant there is no effort as far obtaining the gold goes, which seemed to be the desired result :P

Anonymous said...

Also, a gold digger wouldn't marry poor me ;)

Anonymous said...

Moola is just so over rated .