Monday 25 September 2006

1st Day of Ramazan 2006

Today we celebrated the 1st of Ramazan, here in Rawalpindi/Islamabad, Pakistan. [I had to mention the city as in some parts of Pakistan, it was 2nd Ramazan today.]

It was a tough long day for me. I had not slept on time at night. Had gotten up early in the morning for sehri. And then had had to go to office verrrrrrrrry early in the morning (at 6:30 am). The whole day, I was sleepy. I felt as if I was drunk or drugged. ;-) hehe Even talking to people seemed like a difficult task. But I somehow managed to stay awake during office hours and even during the journey home.

But as soon as I entered the house and finished changing clothes, I couldn't resist the temptation to lie down. And as soon as I did that and closed my eyes, I was pulled into the world of deep slumber. Then for the next couple of hours I didn't know anything. Woke up just in time for aftari.

The nap was quite refreshing I must say. So refreshing that it’s again late at night and I am wide awake. This can be injurious to my health, staying awake that late ;-) But I guess a habit does not break that easily.

No comments: