Sunday 21 November 2004

Who invented high heels?

On Eid day I was about to wear my good old casual flat-heeled shoes when my mother suggested that I could change my shoes, for a change. I agreed as in the heart of my hearts I am a ‘girly’ girl too and do like new shoes and clothes occasionally. ;) So I took my mother’s advice and wore the new shoes instead of my oldies.

The shoes looked really nice. They were black with delicate straps. On top of it they had high heels. They seemed perfect in every way. But then I put them on and my whole perspective changed.

As long as I was sitting, all was well. But when I would stand up, it would be tough standing straight. And if I had to walk, that was a complete disaster. If anyone saw me walking in my ‘heels’ they would have thought of me as a joker giving performance. Because I wouldn’t be walking, I would be stumbling tumbling across two points. It was a total torture for the poor feet and the poor ‘me’.

At those moments I was thinking, “Who invented high heels?”. My father thinks that it is the conspiracy of men against women. I have even started believing it.

But I guess the more important question is, “Why do girls (like me) get attracted to high heels?”. I couldn’t answer my own question. Can you? :)

No comments: